First of all, welcome to my very first recipe! While I wish this was in real recipe format, I unfortunately do not have the resources to make that happen, yet! Since I am new to the blogging world, I just have a “.wordpress.com” website, and so I’m slightly limited in terms of plugins, but that’s alright! We’ll make it work!
The recipe we will be looking at today is one that I have been meaning to try out for so so long, and I finally did it! It is super-packed with protein, moisture, and CHOCOLATE <3 ! What more could you possibly need in a muffin?!
These beauties are made with greek yogurt, and while that may sound slightly strange, theres a method to the madness! The greek yogurt makes the muffins extra moist (because nobody likes a dry muffin), and it also adds a great protein boost! That protein makes these muffins great for a snack throughout the day, or for breakfast!
Shall we begin? I think so.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tins, and line with baking cups.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, and margarine. Once combined, add bananas, greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way to the top with mixture. Top with extra oats.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
What’s your favourite muffin recipe? Muffins are definitely a favourite of mine, and look forward to trying out your recipes! Let me know if you try these out yourselves! Happy baking 🙂