I’ve been on a real soup kick lately, and it makes sense because Fall is officially here! Leaves are all over my deck, and I finally get to wear my (faux) leather jacket! Life is good – and soup just makes it better! If you follow me on Instagram, you will see all of the food that I make on a daily basis – That includes a lot of smoothie bowls, rice bowls, and lately soups. Apparently veganism has turned me into a person that only consumes things from a bowl. Whatever forever.
I’m not going to bore you with a bunch of recipe chit-chat like most Pinterest recipes do, because I have nothing to say about this soup other than it is LIFE-CHANGING, and I also hate opening recipes from Pinterest with all the jibber-jabber; Sometimes a girl just wants the dang recipe, alright?
Well here it is:
Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Soup:
- 1 Butternut Squash
- Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 cups of vegetable broth
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Cut your squash in half, remove seeds and “guts”. Place on cooking sheet, and brush with oil of your choice (front and back).
- Place squash cut side down, and cook in oven for 45-50 minutes (until soft).
- Once your squash is almost ready, put a tsp of oil into your pan/pot. Once hot, add in garlic and onion.
- Once squash is done, peel off skin and add “meat” to the pan with garlic and onion. Mix until well blended.
- Add salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Add vegetable broth and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend entire mixture in blender.
- Add coconut milk and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- GRAB A KNITTED BLANKET AND ENJOY YOUR FALL-INSPIRED SOUP!
There you go folks, I shared my secret for the beautiful and scrumptious soup – now can you follow me on Instagram and be my friend? Also, for my fellow Canadian readers – Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!